NCD builds on our successes to increase our ability to address the needs of the Nogales community, its stakeholders and partners. In 20 15 a priority for NCD is to assist downtown businesses reach new markets through more effective promotion. NCD is committed to completing a mixed-use project in downtown while increasing home ownership among low to moderate income households. NCD will take full advantage of its entrepreneurial enterprise facility as a community gathering and event space to provide a launching pad for small businesses, as well as to support existing downtown businesses.
NCD continues to focus on the following core activities:
- Generate home ownership and other housing opportunities in the City of Nogales to help reduce poverty, provide stability and retain residents within the City.
- Create a more diverse business mix in downtown by offering training, providing tools and resources and creating a dedicated workspace that acts as a launching pad for new business ventures.
- Continue to strengthen and improve Downtown Nogales as a vibrant, viable commercial core through the Main Street Program.
- Expand our capacity to provide the programs and staff needed to facilitate our mission and support the broader vision for housing, community development and downtown revitalization.
- Increase the visibility of the NCD to strengthen partnerships/collaborations and broaden awareness of what we do on our impact in the community.
Learn more about our specific focus areas.